Camping for the Syracuse-Villanova game has become a tradition. Students set up tents outside of the Carrier Dome to ensure they get good seats (a record crowd of 34,616 came for last year's game).
Today, I began my first camping adventure. After finishing school this afternoon, I hurried to my room and grabbed my supplies for the night: blankets, a pillow, Under Armour, my laptop, books (I am in college, after all), Pop-Tarts (I have a sweet tooth) and water.
![]() |
| The crowd at last year's game against Villanova (The Post-Standard/Lauren Long) |
My friends and I have taken turns in the tent when we have class, because at least one person must be present at all times to hold a group's spot in line.
There has been constant chatter outside of our tent as the day has worn on. Students continue to come and set up tents, while reporters walk by and interview us brave souls.
I've been able to finish my homework and catch up on the latest episodes of Family Guy and How I Met Your Mother, so life is good. But the cold and my growling stomach remind me that I would much rather be indoors.
Actually, it's a little too cold to keep typing on this metal keyboard with my bare hands. I'll be back with an update after I warm up a bit...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey you! Write something!