Jan 21, 2011

Dome Update

I've lost track of time lately. Living in the Dome can do that to a person. So, here's some highlights and lowlights of everything that's happened since the first day we camped out:
  • that night my friends and I ended up freezing our asses off. I continuously kept nodding off but I couldn't fall asleep because it was literally too cold. I never got an official reading, but I'd say it was very close to zero degrees out, if not colder. I eventually got some rest, but not until about 6 in the morning.
  • Our dedication paid off though, we're ninth in a line that extends more than half way around the outside wall of the Dome.
  • Thursday morning we all moved inside the Carrier Dome, which was a tremendous relief.
  • That night my friends had the bright idea to bring their television and Xbox 360, which I thought was hilarious. I have to give them credit though, it's been a great time killer and we've gotten a lot of attention; a local cameraman recorded my friend and I playing NBA 2K11 for a news clip.
  • My friend was nearly kicked off the list when he walked out one of the emergency exits. He later cleared it up with the security guard.
  • We got to see the Dome transform from the turf field to the basketball court, which was pretty cool.
  • Four groups were kicked out for not having any members here. The guy holding the list kept walking back and forth calling out the group names. Finally he said "if I put the list on the front table, they're gone." We waited anxiously as he walked up to the table at the front of the line, only for him to anticlimactically place it on the table (I don't know why I was expecting more). Still, it was interesting to watch unfold.
  • The head group has been playing the guitar and singing since we got here. They're playing good songs; I just wish they had the voices to sing those songs.
  • We got free pizza. It wasn't very good. But it was free.
Last year the team visited the night before the game, but it doesn't look like they're going to again this year. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

The schedule for tomorrow is pretty hectic. We have to get up early and bring all of our belongings back to our rooms. We have until 10 a.m. to get back in line. From there we'll finally get the seats that we've camped out for. Two hours later, this arena will finally fill up and become the Loud House, as Syracuse and Villanova will finally tip off.

Two hours after that, we'll be celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey you! Write something!