We're all told to be polite to strangers (not the sketchy guy in the van selling candy...you know what I mean), but it appears Kris Joseph doesn't abide by those same guidelines.
When asked for his initial reaction to hearing Syracuse's opponent is Indiana State, Joseph was far from being politically correct:
Joseph described the Sycamores as "a bunch of white boys that could shoot," saying "I knew they weren't a team full of athletes."
To be fair, as you can see in their response, some of Indiana State's players are in fact white. And saying they can shoot is a compliment (and they can; the Sycamores shoot 36.3% from three). But to their team lacks athletes is belittling them.
Yet just seconds later, Kris Joseph said they should "not look past anyone in this tournament." Hmmm. Sounds a little hypocritical.
I wonder what Joseph will hear from Indiana State should any of those "white boys" start hitting shots.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hey you! Write something!